Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Let's Talk About Books Baby!

February


Books Bought:
Tradition By: Daniel Khalastchi
Remains By: Jesus Castillo
Love & Misadventure By: Lang Leav
Pansy By: Andrea Gibson
Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets By: JK Rowling (audible)
May Cause Miracles By: Gabrielle Bernstein (audible)
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban By: JK Rowling (audible)
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire By: JK Rowling (audible)
A Storm of Swords By: George R.R. Martin (audible)
Strong Looks Better Naked By: Khloe Kardashian
Pretty Happy: Healthy ways to Love your Body By: Kate Hudson
Cravings By: Chrissy Teigan
Miracles Now By: Gabrielle Bernstein
Sharp Objects By: Gillian Flynn

Books Read:
Tradition By: Daniel Khalastchi
Love & Misadventure By: Lang Leav

I'm behind! And having a hard time getting focused this year!   One thing that hasn't changed is true to my nature once I received my tax refund the door was wide open for me to throw down some serious cash on books. The addiction is real folks.  

Obviously you can tell by my books bought and previous posts I have been revisiting the magical world of Hogwarts!  God, I miss Harry Potter!  As I'm listening to these books, I just keep thinking, "Please God, strike me with something this brilliant, something that changes the way people feel about books, something that moves a whole generation."  I am flying through these books, of course I've given up all NPR & Dear Sugar podcasts at this point, spending every moment of my commute with Harry, Ron & Hermione.  Needless to say, old wounds (spoiler alert--- as if you haven't read Harry Potter!?!?!?) have opened fresh and I spent one morning ride in tears as Lily and then James Potter came out of Harry and Voldemort's connecting wands only for them to save their son once more and tell them how much they love him, I have set in my cubicle with goosebumps as Bellatrix LeStrange sent Sirius Black through that magical curtain.  I'm currently going back in time through the pensieve in Dumbledore's office and learning all about the dark and mysterious past of Tom Riddle.  

It's magic.  Pure gold.  It's delicious.  I love it.

 Ok... so new books... the only new (first time reads) that I read in February were both poetry books.  I know, I know... audio books & poetry books... I told you, I'm off my game at the moment!

Anyways, I really don't have much to say about either of these books (probably cause I've waited too long to write about them).

I guess my only thoughts at the moment are these:  I used to think life is too short to revisit books you've loved when there are so many books out there still yet to read.  But lately, I'm rethinking this... life is too short to not revisit the books you loved.





No comments:

Post a Comment